I am back on the—the horse? the wagon? whatever it is that is getting me where I'm going to where I'm going, I mean. Life, which recently has been kicking me all over, has been wrestled back into more managable shapes and sizes, and things are looking up.
Things that make me happy:
1. BABY BUNNIES ON THE QUAD! I almost died of the overwhelming cute.
2. Getting lots of work done, all of it on time and most of it not completely craptacular.
3. Getting a better grade on my second Linguistics quiz than I did on the first, yay!
4. My study-abroad-transfer-credit application has been tentatively approved! Go me!
5. OK, so this is actually two things. See, yesterday my roommate made me leave my room and go be a person, and so we wound up going to the concert evening at the museum. There were three stages set up, and I got to hear a lot of really neat music and eat free food. That was good.
6. The second part of that, though, was that one of the groups performing was a men's a capella group. This would have been good all on its own, because I have a deep and enduring love for boys who can (and do) sing, and because they sang a lot of pretty things. But the happiest thing of all? Was that in this chorus, there was—I kid you not—Sam Winchester. Shhh! I know he's fictional; do you think that would stop him from being in a chorus if he wanted to? OK, fine, it wasn't him, but it was a damn close resemblance, and made me giggle like mad. Then, next to him—I couldn't see, at first, because our seats were lousy and Sam!clone was, as you'd expect, damn tall—was, you guessed it, Dean. I'm sure my roommate thought I was choking to death, because I was laughing my head off and trying to hide it.
...and, yes, now I want to write an AU involving samndean singing. SHUTUP! They could do it.
Which brings me to 7: Supernatural FINALE, which was awesome and lovely and full of shiny, and had me punching my pillow and grabbing my knees in excitement. Oh, wow.
I'm always struck, watching that show, by how incredibly pretty
it is—not the boys, although of course they are, but the colors and the framing of the shots and the way it's filmed and just—gah. *fangirls*
8. I cooked! Lemon caper fish and pasta and garlic chili green beans, although those last were kind of a bust, because I lost track of them and they scorched. Still: I COOKED! It was TASTY! I didn't burn down the kitchen!
9. I got a voicemail from a friend I haven't seen in a while, talking about how much she missed me, and then met up randomly with another friend, who told me my hair was looking super-cute. Which it totally was, and I was glad to hear someone say it.
10. I was all writery today! Not, of course, on any of the things I've recently promised to work on (drabble people, I will get back to you! I promise! It's not that I don't love you, it's that I'm a spazzhat!), but on something from a while back, which came to me this morning with a title and said hey, remember me? how about you scrap all of the notes you made on me, and the whole first scene you wrote, and all of your POV plans, and write me
this way, hmm? yeah, let's do that!
. If any of you remember, it's the story with Teyla and her ex and the fruit—If any of you care, I'm pretty sure I started nattering about it here
It's not done yet, but it's getting there, I think, so would any of you like to beta? Right now it's 2500 words long, and it'll maybe get to 3500? or something. It's gen, gen, very extremely gen, and...kind of weird? Which, OK, is not the best descriptor ever, but is all I have to offer. I'd need someone (or possibly several someones) to be possibly quite mean to me about this, because I'm not at all sure if it's going the places I want it to go, and if it's being ridiculous, I need to know that now. If you're interested, drop me a line—I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much my wrists object.
11. MUSIC! *puts on pimp hat* Only three this time, though:Is She Really Going Out With Him?
, Elvis Costello, was pretty much the song that made this week happen. FULL OF AWESOME. Oh god, it cracks my shit up.Big Car
, Susan Werner. I was listening to this song with a friend, and she pointed out that the first verse sounds like...well, it doesn't sound like it's about a car, is the point. And I feel like this song should be sung (by a very sexy girl, of course) to Dean Winchester, who would be turned on, and then vaguely offended, and then, oh, wait: still turned on. andthenthey'dhavesex.Homesick
, Kings of Convenience (as pimped to me by riverlight
). This is the song that made me write today, and it is full of gorgeous, and I am full of love for it.