oh, man, what am I even up to these days?
1) reading books with pages! I am in the middle of, like, five different books right now, which is simultaneously stressful and delightful. The frontrunner for stuff I am likely to finish soon is definitely Embassytown
by China Miéville, which is weird and wonderful and absolutely insane in the face, like everything Miéville writes. Is anybody else reading it?
Next up after that will be...probably the new Jim Butcher, once I walk down the block to get it from where it was misdelivered, and then possibly Kavalier & Clay
, on J's recommendation, but maybe Blackout
and then All Clear
instead - I read the first one when it came out, but I want to reread it before I read the second one. BASICALLY I AM SPOILED FOR CHOICE, and also if you want to talk about books / recommend me books / hear my thoughts about books, I am ALL OVER THAT NONSENSE.
2) cleaninnnnnnng. It is honestly kind of disgusting how much of a housewife I am, but god damn do I love flitting around the house in my nightie and tidying all of the things. Not that it does a damn bit of good, since Lilu McFuzzerton continues to shed like a motherfucker no matter what I do, but it makes me feel productive.
3) Mario. I am SO BAD at it, but god I love it.
4) writing! I KNOW RIGHT, god, I haven't written anything at all in waaaaaaay longer than I care to admit, with the exception of yuletides, but yesterday I wrote a thing! and posted it! and then lj went down like a poorly-constructed POS. w/e w/e, it's on the Archive too (as is all of my fic, now! \o/?), and so if you are into Pride and Prejudice
and also crossdressing you should check it out: to pass for a lady,—only think what fun!
, Mr&Mrs Darcy, (fairly tame) crossdressing.
(Somewhere in the space-time continuum, my childhood self is APPALLED and has no idea why. SORRY, TEENIE!M. LIFE IS ROUGH.)
5) It's not a list without five things, but fuck if I know what I want to say. Today I will cook with peanut butter (rainbow peanut noodles and also peanut butter cookies),
beat the last boss on level two
FUCK YEAH, and add a few hundred words to the make-charles-xavier-less-of-a-douchebag story. LOFTY GOALS ALL.